Thursday, May 01, 2008

Squee!!! :)

At long last we have finally ordered our flooring for the back bedrooms! For those of you who have been keeping up with our "home improvements", you know that this is another step in the master plan. The carpet back there has GOT to be some kind of a health hazard, and I told Nick long ago that we will not be putting our child in a room with that atrocious carpet. Also, it has been a source of embarrassment every time we have company and someone has to sleep in one of those rooms. Sooooo, no more! The next time our parents visit (sorry Murray, it won't be finished by the time you get here!) we will have beautiful new floors. Behold:

Isn't it beautiful?!?! It's wood laminate in "Rustic Oak". Fabulous! You may or may not know that Nick and I are avid online shoppers. Neither of us shop in the traditional way very much, so we usually find all the goods online. Nick in particular has a special talent of finding the best deals - I really don't know how he does it! In addition, we are also "thrifty" and always comparison shop and look for the best deals and how to make our dollar go the farthest.
That said, several months ago we began looking and comparing flooring for the bedrooms. Started with the regulars..Home Depot, Lowes...and then we started looking online. I found this website "Build Direct" which is basically whole sale flooring shipped to your house. We saw some that we really liked and ordered samples a couple months ago. We really liked the color and pattern, so yesterday, we placed the order! We were able to get a much higer quality product for just as much, if not a little less, so we are happy!
Once it comes in, we will be doing the install ourselves....much like many of the other projects we have done. We've sure learned a lot, and in the end, it has always come out looking pretty good (if I do say so myself)! This project looks doable, just time consuming - making sure everything is lined up properly, ect.
Thus begins what people refer to as "nesting" I suppose....We've got some clean up to do (where will the furniture go, and what junk can we get rid of) and then painting of what will become the nursery. I'm thinking of light blue regardless....blue is both mine and Nick's favorite color. I guess we'll see. They may not make any "girl" nursery decor in shades of blue if peanut turns out to be a little lady....
That, though, is a post for another day and time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet Candace Shea! This is your Dad. I was finally able to download your blog and read it.
I greatly enjoyed reading all of your current posts. Congratulations on the flooring. It looks great. I miss home ownership, sometimes. Oh, well, maybe on the next call Mom and I will have it once again. I had a wonderful time with you and Nick, even though it was short. Talk to you soon.
I love you guys, Dad