Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back to School....Blah!

Tonight I begin the last class of my MBA program - Integrated Business Applications II (IBA 2).....sounds riveting, I know.
Full apathy has set in, and it is taking all that I have with in me to go, pay attention, and contribute to the group's effort.
This class is a continuation of IBA I that I just finished this spring semester. These two classes count in lieu of a thesis. This I am utterly happy about, but it is still lots of work and (dum dum dum!) a group project. Normally I loathe group projects, but this time I have a pretty good group of people to work with. I know them all, and they are all intelligent contributors to our project. (We made an A on the first half!)
The first part of the project that we just finished was lots of market analysis, company analysis, management strategy, action planning, etc. All in all it ended up being about 140 pages long. This new class, the continuation, is financial strategy, feasibility, planning, and forecasting based on what we have already done.
The up side, other than having a good team, is that the company we are assessing is really interesting. It's a company that provides video relay servicing for the deaf. Actually, I have learned lots about the deaf community, and it's funny...I never though I'd end up doing my final project on a company like this. It's been good so far. We came across this company because one of the girls in my group works for them. She is in management, but is also a professional American Sign Language interpreter. She signs when she talks and is fascinating to watch. :)
Anyway, now that you are as excited as I am, I better get ready for the first class. Wish me luck.
I just keep telling myself, "it's only 10 weeks, it's only 10 weeks." God grant me strength, patience, and sheer will power to push through!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Candace Shea!
Yes, I remember the end of my studies at the seminary. The last classes are lackluster, no matter what they are. You're just looking to the end. That's pretty cool about the blind business your research is based on. We had a training program at the seminary that taught ministry to the blind. I remember one of the professors there. He and his advanced students would always sign during our chapel services. This professor was also a pastor and would preach occaisionally, rather than sign. But one time he preached and his signer was unable to be there. This guy not only preached his sermon but signed it at the same time. It was awesome. I was totally blown away.
Hang in there Candace, it will be over soon!
Love, Dad (Papa)