Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Appreciated Associate

So this week at work is pretty much the best out of the whole year. It's "Associate Appreciation Week". It is a nice thing that our company does, and I think it fosters a lot of positivity around the old office. I mean, who couldn't help but have a fun time with all the activities that are planned:
Monday - Breakfast from Panera Bread....YUM!
Tuesday - Icecream social in the afternoon with a caricature artist (I had a meeting and didn't get in line early enough to have mine done....oh well. :()
Wednesday - Work 1/2 day, and then serve your community. My group is going to the nursery (plants and trees)for the city of Lakeland to help them prep plants and flowers. We have done this before, and I enjoy it. I like being outside and working with my hands, so I am looking forward to it.
Thursday - BBQ cookout for lunch.
Friday - "Teambuilding" activity for half the day, and the other half off since it's the day before a holiday weekend!!!
Plus throughout the week there is a ping pong tournament going on. I won my first round by default, and now I have to play one of the VP's! I know him, though, so it should be fun even if he ends up kicking my rear! It's tomorrow at 9, so wish me luck!

No comments: