Monday, May 26, 2008

DIY FLOORS

When we decided to tear out the carpet in the back 3 bedrooms and replace it, Candace went on a mission to find the best wood floors onine. She found some great prices and good quality stuff....one problem- I have to install it. Now if you don't know me very well, then you may not know that I have no skill when it comes to DIY projects. Let me give you an expample: Our wood fence gate needed replaced, so our neighbor and I went to Home Depot and bought 2 new panels. We got home, measured and cut the first piece, put on the hinges and hung the first door. We had to go take Murray to the airport, so we left the project half done. When we got back, Candace looked at the fence and said, "isn't the gate upside down?" Yep, that's right, I put it upside down! So, if the floors turn out, it might be a small miracle!
Here is our progress so far


The Old Carpet


Nice Linoleum


Taking out the nails


King of the Wood Floors


A slow process

1 comment:

Lilly said...

It may be a hard job, but it sure is starting to look nice! I am sure you will do a great job Nick.