Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Surprise!

This past weekend I got to be a part of a good old fashioned surprise! It's been a while since I've had an opportunity like that, and let me tell you how much fun it was! :) Friday, I took a half day from work and flew to Kansas City to surprise my sister-in-law, Abby. Her family threw her a bridal shower Saturday.
With the provision and generosity of a dear church member, I was able to afford a plane ticket and join in on the festivities! It was a lovely shower, and it was so great to be able to see everyone - Moss' and Zimmerschieds all in one whack. Living in Florida is hard when it comes to family time, so we always cherish every moment we get with them.
We feel like we will be spoiled this year with all the great opportunities we will have to see and spend time with our families. A couple weeks ago, my dad came for a quick visit. In May, Murray (Nick's brother) will come and visit us for a few days. June will take us back to Missouri for Abby and Michael's wedding. In August, Gary and Nadine (Moss) will be coming down for my graduation, and hopefully my mom, Janet, will also be able to come....we are still working on it. November is the ETA of little Moss, and our family will be down to visit, meet the new one, and celebrate the baptism! We are already feeling some pressure to travel to Missouri for Christmas - it is the Moss year - but I said we will just play it by ear
Needless to say, we will be getting lots of good quality time this year!! Nick and I truly are blessed to have and be a part of such wonderful, loving, and Christ-centered families. We really couldn't ask for more.
So anyway, hope you enjoyed the surprise visit from "Uncle Tom", Abby! We will see you in 5 1/2 weeks!
P.S. I will try to post a few pictures as soon as Nick uploads them....

No comments: