Monday, April 21, 2008

I spoke too soon

Well, I had mentioned that I thought the worst was over....that was my big mistake. Peanut has been extra naughty the past couple of days, and now, to top it off, I have a head cold. Woohoo.
This is just not a convenient week to be sick. I have lots going on, and want to be able to enjoy it all. Oh well, I will just pray that I can kick it fast.
On a brighter note: So far, the visit with dad has been good. I picked him up on Saturday evening, and we went out to a nice Italian restaurant in Lakeland called Mario's. It was fabulous, and as a bonus there was a man playing beautiful guitar music the whole time we were there! It was fun. Yesterday, we went to church, had a nice lunch at a salad and sandwich shop - Crispers - ate outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Later in the afternoon after a catnap, dad and I went and walked around Lake Hollingsworth (about 3 miles around)while Nick worked and had HS youth night.
Today is the boys day together, at least for the first half. Sadly, I have to come to work, but I came in early so I could leave early. Nick and dad are going to run a couple errands, eat at Rib Crib (I don't know which one is more excited about that! :))Then, they are going to see the Ben Stein documentary "Expelled" at the movies. I went with some friends on Friday night, and it was great! Very interesting what is happening in the scientific community. It's shows how advocates of Intelligent Design are being ostracized and "expelled" from the scientific community. It is very interesting, and opens the gate way to lots of good discussion. I would highly recommend going to see it. You can read more about it on the website: http://www.expelledthemovie.com/.
Anyway, I better get to working so I can leave early and enjoy the last day with my dad!

2 comments:

MattCario said...

I know I'm a few posts late, but Meredith and I wanted to extend congratulations on the pregnancy. Very cool!

Ashley said...

Hi Candace! Remember me from like our freshman year in college? I found your blog on Kristin Foster's. Crazy. You look great and so happy. Congratulations on everything.

Ashley (Andress) Honea