Thursday, April 10, 2008

Things I've learned about pregnancy

Here are a few musings:

1. Suddenly, people think it's ok to ask you very private and personal questions.
2. When people find out you are expecting, they scream and get excited as if you were telling them THEY were pregnant! :)
3. Even though you look like death warmed over (peanut has not been nice lately) people still find the need to come and ask how you are feeling. Hello!!! How does it look like I'm feeling!
4. Saltine crackers are a girl's best friend weeks 8-???
5. Food is thought about almost as much as the baby...what, when, where, how much, etc.
6. Bonus: My nails, which always peel and break, have never looked better!
7. Boy or girl, boy or girl.....as long as it's healthy - honest!
8. People are suddenly a LOT nicer to you. I'm the same person I was last week before you knew I was pregnant. I'll take it though....
9. Since I'm not showing yet, its fun to interact with people who know, and who don't know....maybe that's just me...
10. Try as they may, boys just don't get it.

Hope Christ blesses your week!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I heard congratulations were in order....so I popped over to check it all out. You're in for a wild and fun ride! Just wait until they all start rubbing your belly - complete strangers and all. Ha!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness, Candace!! You must think I'm an awful friend. For some reason I can't check your blog at school and since I've returned to work that's the only time I get on the computer. I had no idea....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is wonderful news. And I promise once you hold your precious baby for the first time you will forget about every pain and ailment you experience during pregnancy! It's such an amazing gift from God.