Friday, April 04, 2008

At long last, the beans are spilled....

I have been waiting patiently to be able to finally share the good news with everyone. Nick and I are expecting our first child the first week of November! My due date is November 5th.
Yesterday we went in to have our first sonogram, and everything looks good so far! It was truly amazing to see the little one move around and hear the heartbeat.
And it has been confirmed that there is only ONE peanut in there. :)
A common question I have been getting is "how are you feeling". Well, I have see the good the bad and the ugly, so I can't really complain too much. I have been completely exhausted, and starting about two weeks ago along came morning (all day long) sickness. It's the strangest feeling ever. You feel nauses and woozy, but at the same time you feel like you need to eat something! Crazy....
Anyway, to answer another question, yes we plan on finding out the sex of the baby, or as my father-in-law puts it - find out if the peanut is smooth or crunchy! :) He's quite a character. That won't be for another 10 weeks, though.
Monday, we will meet with my doctor, and Nick will get to meet him for the first time, so that will be nice. In the meantime, I have pages of paperwork to fill out....let the fun begin! :)
Needless to say, both sets of parents are completely thrilled. It'll be the first grand baby on both sides, so I'm sure it won't lack for attention. :)
So with that, I leave you with the "first shots" of little Moss. Let the adventure begin!
(O.K. So blogger is being bad. I will attempt to load the pictures later.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! It will be the best thing you have ever done!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Moss Family! I'm so excited for all of you! (I found your blog by linking and linking through other people's!) Enjoy this time!
Amanda (Peters-Miller) Schultz

Anonymous said...

Hello, Moss Family! I'm so excited for all of you! (I found your blog by linking and linking through other people's!) Enjoy this time!
Amanda (Peters-Miller) Schultz

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nick and Candice. Soon, you'll be part of the parents club. Our family may be visiting Florida in June or July for a quick trip. Dan K.