Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Absence

Well, that's the life of a DCE wife, I just gotta say. He's here today and gone tomorrow....and the next day, and the day after that.......
Tomorrow Nick will be leaving for Seward, NE (I'm so jealous)for the first stop on the Concordia tour. He is taking 4 of his high schoolers to visit 3 different Concordia Universities. First they fly to Nebraska to visit CUNE, then they fly to Chicago and drive to Mequon, WI to visit CUW, and finally they drive back to Chicago to visit CUC (formerly CU River Forrest). They fly back to Florida Monday, but does he come home then? Nope. He then will have a friend pick him up and take him to the LYF (Lutheran Youth and Families - or something like that) annual retreat that runs through Wednesday.
Really, I don't know why I'm complaining. He will be home for two whole weeks before he goes to his mission conference in Minnesota. :)
So I will be all alone for a week. Well, Charles will be there to keep me company when he's not running around in the back yard stalking lizards and squirrels! :)
Despite missing my husband, sometimes, I will admit that it is nice to have some all alone time. It gives a person time to think, un-wind, not have to worry about anyone but yourself. I suppose it will give me a chance to clean the house a little better. It's not looking so hot right now.....
I've been exhausted lately anyway, so maybe I can even squeeze in a couple of naps this weekend! Isn't it funny how as a kid you "hated" naps, but as a adult they are considered special treats? Ah perspective....

Alright, now to share some joy! I am currently in the middle of working on my final big project to complete my MBA (Part 1), and I have been blessed with an amazing group of people to work with! They are all pretty easy going, but great students. We are WAY ahead of where we need to be at this point, and we may get to finish two weeks early! That would give us all a nice break (about a month) before we have to get started on Part II.
I turn in my application for graduation tonight, and I registered for my FINAL class on Monday!!! I am just so excited and wanted to share. Lots of wonderful things are happening in my life right now, and I feel so blessed!
I pray the same for all of you. Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter celebration!
He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

No comments: