Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Culture Shock

I am back! Back from Panama, St. Louis, and Dominican Republic. What a month it has been. I am going to try and give you an insight into what I experienced in Panama and the D.R. This will take some time as I am still experiencing some reverse culture shock and have yet to catch up on my sleep. What I can say right now is that God gave me experiences that changed me and stretched my faith. From praying in church members homes in Panama City, to worshiping with my brothers and sisters in Christ in the mountains of Sora Panama, to seeing the Panamal Canal, to leading 10 high school students and 3 adults to the D.R., to walking into an orphanage for the Developmentaly challenged where children were tied to their beds, to assisting a new church host a VBS for their community, to seeing God work in the lives of young people.....God is Good all the Time.
More to come in the next few days as I get more rest and adjust back to this culture.

setting up VBS at Willie and Santa's home...having VBS in the street under tarps! (D.R)


Some kids showing off their art work for the day. (D.R.)


A friend I made at the afternoon VBS in Santo Domingo. (D.R.)


Me at the Panama Canal. Grandpa Moss went through here 50 years ago! (Panama)


Standing at near the home of a pastor in training in Panama. You can't see the house, but it was no more than wooden posts, metal sheets and a metal roof. This puts some things into perspective! (panama)

No comments: