Monday, July 21, 2008

Productivity! It feels so good.

With Nick off and about in the Dominican Republic for the next week, Charles (the cat) and I were left with the entire weekend to ourselves. Since we haven't gotten any rain in the last several days, it has become blazing hot and Charles opted to spend most of the day inside "helping" me. He sure is a nice companion. Saturday and Sunday I accomplished the following:
*Removed everything from the kitchen counters, cleaned and reorganized. My kitchen has never looked so good!
*Did dishes
*Removed baseboards from the final bedroom to prep for the installation of the wood floors
*Cleaned out our room and put away lots of Nick's "piles", or, as I lovingly refer to them, rat holes he likes to make in various parts of the house
*Took down, washed, and re-hung curtains in our bedroom
*Washed, dried, and put away more laundry including bedding
*Made great progress on current knitting project - a baby sweater that is my favorite thing yet! Pictures to come when it's finished.
*Watched a movie from Blockbuster
*Had a delicious snack (several times) of Rice Krispie Treats and milk I made Friday. FYI: instead of spreading the mix into a baking dish, I used muffin tins. I was able to just pop them out and store in a Tupperware without having to cut and such. Brilliant, I know. ;)
*Cleaned bathrooms
*Dusted
*Attended early (8:15) church service -this is a rare happening (not the attending church part, the attending EARLY service part....just to clarify. :))
*Went to Michael's and got frames for 5 prints I've had for years that I've never bought frames for that need to be hung in our house. Bought frames for 2 pieces of art Nick got in Panama - one for Natalie's nursery (quilted piece of a cross and baptismal shell), and one for his office, a painting on cloth. Also found INCREDIBLE deal on two art pieces that are about 2.5 ft x 2.5 ft that match our bedroom perfectly! Also got some beautiful silk flowers for a neat vase I've had for a long time for our kitchen table. The vase is dark royal blue and white glass and I got deep dark red-velvet hydrangea looking flowers and little white ones for accent.
*Came home and put all pictures in corresponding frames, hung wall art, and arranged flowers. It's amazing how much little things can make such a big difference. Too bad I'm not better at interior decorating.... :(
*Went to Target for essentials and gifts for a double baby shower I'm attending this evening. It's babypalooza around these parts.
*Wrapped shower gifts
*Went to produce stand and stocked up on fresh fruits and vegis. I LOVE our local produce stand. I have been purchasing 95% of my produce there for the past several months. Although that means an extra stop, its cheaper and much better quality than even our best grocery store. I haven't been disappointed once since I started shopping there.
*Came home and chowed down on an amazing peach! Yummy juicy goodness.
*Took an evening walk even though it was still pretty stinking hot at 8pm

I have to admit that with my focused energy, and Nick not there to distract me and/or make my cleaning attempts in vain as he comes along behind me like Pig Pen from Peanuts, I got an amazing amount of work accomplished! I can't wait to see my house once the final room is finished and all of our furniture can go back to their appropriate places. Then I can really feel a sense of satisfaction.

P.S. As if Nick and I didn't have anything else going on in our lives right now, I wanted to let everyone know that he has officially been extended a call to St. Mark's Lutheran Church in Houston, TX to be their Director of Young Adult and Youth Ministry. They have been pursuing him since April, and he visited them in May. So while this is new news for most, it's not really new for us. I knew all along they wanted him. Who wouldn't? Of course, I'm really biased. So, we are currently prayerfully considering this call. Please keep us in your prayers as we seek God's will in this.

2 comments:

Dan and Gina K. said...

You have quite the energy Candace! We'll be praying for Nick's safe return as well as the call that was extended.
~Gina

Anonymous said...

Isn't the 2nd trimester great?? I had more energy than I'd ever had those 3 months. Enjoy it!