Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nick is Home!...to a home that is clean and organized...somewhat

Nick finally made it home late Sunday night. He has pretty much been sleeping for the past two days, but I am glad to have him back safe and sound. He said that this trip was a complete success as well, but I'll let him tell you all about it. I think he's long overdue for a post....what do you guys think?
I had another marathon/ productive weekend. Nick, again wasn't here to control me, and the wild hairs were running rampant. Here's what I did this past weekend:

* Laid moisture sealant and padding that goes under the wood flooring.
* Went to Lowes and found a rug for our living room, (I've been wanting one for a long time, and found one that will do), towel bar and rug for bathroom, and landscaping things.
* Came home and cleaned out our neglected flower bed, planted flowers and plants, re-mulched, and trimmed existing bushes and small palms.
* Hung towel bar in bathroom
* Painted the closet in the back bedroom before we lay the floors.
* Searched for leftover paint to touch up the marks on the wall in the bed room. Realized there wasn't any left. Grrr. Decided that I was going to have to buy paint and do the entire room. Went back to Lowes to buy paint. I decided on a light yellow. The bedding is blue an white, and I'm going to look for a couple red accents to put in the room. Hopefully it will turn out decent.....remember I'm no interior designer.
* Went to church on Sunday. Went to Target for shower curtain and new liner to hang in bathroom and some miscellaneous.
* Cleaned out our "pantry" closet. Found some things that said "best used by" a past date. Threw out all the old stuff. The worst one I found was January 2004. Yikes. It was Old Fashioned Quaker Oats that had found their way to the back of the closet and were forgotten. Reorganized the closet, and now everything fits! What do you know.
* Finished my little green sweater I've been knitting. It turned out really great.

I'm sure Nick would kill me if he really knew how hard I worked while I was gone. He can see and recognize the results, but don't think he can really understand the time, so that is probably a good thing. :)

On the job front: I began with my new team this week and so far things have been BUSY. It's always hard starting something new. I get frustrated not knowing all the processes inside and out, and starting that long path to relationship building. I feel like I am starting to be "tested" by some of the team.....much like a child testing the boundaries with their parents, so I am deciding how I need to react to that without being a Nazi tyrant or isolating myself from them. My mother gave me some good and simple advice - Be firm and be fair. Great advice that I will try to take and implement. I still haven't moved over physically to be with my team as our facilities department is still working on my desk, and the entire area, really....lots of moving around is going on lately. I hope the move happens soon. I feel isolated from them, and I really can't see or hear what is going on when I'm working two rooms over. God has been having to listen to me more frequently since I took this job. I know I can do no good thing without Him, so that is who I am continuing to run and cling to. I always have, it's just that I feel more needy at times, and this is one of those times.

On the baby front: No big revelations or developments. She continues to get stronger and bigger with her movements. I will have my next appointment on Tuesday. Then I'll move to appointments every two weeks instead of every 4 weeks. 3rd trimester here we come!

No comments: