Monday, July 07, 2008

Registry Fun and More

It is finished! This Saturday, I spent all day registering for baby paraphernalia. A good friend from church, Jodi Tucker, sacrificed her entire Saturday to traipse around town with me as my personal consultant. :) I'm confident that without her help, I may have ended up in a puddle of goo right in the middle of Target! At the very least, I would have had to go back about 10 times since I would have left off things that are needed.
I would totally recommend any first time mom to take along someone with "experience" in recent baby things. Jodi was just fabulous with her knowledge and guidance as well as lots of fun to spend the day with! (She just had a little cutie pie, Aiden, in February. We found the most adorable little western outfit for him including a cowboy hat! He'll love those pictures when he's about 16. :))
I know that Nick will appreciate not having to go along and look at baby things for hours on end trying to make countless decisions!
I registered for about 98% of things at Target because 1) I love Target, and 2) They are all over the place and easy to get to. At Babies R Us, I basically just have furniture - crib, mattress, dresser, and glider chair - with a few odds and ends added that I couldn't find at Target.
Another wonderful thing about registering is that you have a place to keep track of the things you need (it's amazing everything that baby and mom need!), and what you like. So in 3 months, I can just pop on to purchase the rest of everything we need without having to try and remember what I did months ago - I know I would never remember! So, as Michael from The Office would say, It's a "win-win-win". :)
Thanks again, Jodi! You are the best!

Other than that, I am staying busy while Nick is gone trying to pass the time. Friday, I organized our closet which included sorting through all our shoes making a keep, donate, and throw away pile. In the evening I went to spend a delightful evening with my Aunt Elaine, Uncle Dick, cousin Krystle, and her boyfriend Alex. We went out for a nice dinner, and then watched a few fireworks that their neighbor was setting off. Saturday, as aforementioned, I spent the day shopping for Natalie the Peanut. Sunday was church (I played my trumpet - patriotic hymns - for the service), and today is back to the old grindstone. I even picked up a "part-time" job until Wednesday evening. I'm dog-sitting the pastor's pooch two times per day. They live very close to our house, and what more, they have a pool that I can exercise in in the evenings! It's been great.

I hope all of you had a blessed 4th of July and took some time to give thanks to God for the great nation we live in, the people who defend it, and the freedoms we have as citizens of the good old USofA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed.....I didn't know that you played the trumpet. How nice that you played on Sunday.

Enjoy yur trip to St. Louis.

Auntie Lynne