Thursday, July 17, 2008

What a Week!

Man oh man. It has been a week for the Moss'. This past weekend we traveled up to Hoyleton, IL for our good friend's, Josh, ordination. There will be more to come on that...we did take lots of pictures. It was fun, but exhausting. We are all kind of like a big family, and there are always good times and bad when it comes to family.
After our flight getting delayed and getting back home late on Monday night, it was off to work for me on Tuesday morning. When I got in, my boss called me into his office and presented me with an "opportunity". It looks like I'm going to take over a small team of 4 - the research team. I'm a little apprehensive about it, but I know that it will all work out. I need experience managing people, and this will be a nice baby step since it is such a small group. In addition, I'll still retain all of my current job responsibilities, which is a good thing. Nothing has been officially announced yet, so I'm not sure when I'll make the move, but I know it will be sometime soon. The biggest concern I have is that I'm obviously a ticking time bomb and will only have about 3 months to get my bearings before I'm out completely for 2 months and partly for 3 (I plan to come back part time my last 4 weeks of leave)! God will sustain me.
On top of this, Nick came down with some sort of bug and has been running a fever since Monday night. This usually wouldn't be a big deal, but he is supposed to be leaving for the Dominican Republic in a day and a half. As if I didn't have enough to be concerned with him going to a foreign country. My oh my. Please keep him in your prayers.
There's more you say? Of course! Last night I had my final presentation for my FINAL class!!! It's unofficially official - I've got my MBA! Praise God! It has been a long road full of sacrifices not only on my part, but Nick's as well. I had to thank him for all the support he has given me over the past three years concerning this. I truly am thankful, and hope that this all pays off in the long run. I'm am greatly looking forward to graduation on August 9th. My mom will be coming down as well as Nick's mom and dad.
I think that I'm due for a break. I guess I'll have lots of free time this coming week since Nick will be gone and the dust will have settled by then. I know I'll think of something to do!
Lastly, in baby news, Natalie the Peanut has come into her own the past week and has been very active. Nick has been able to feel her moving around, and last night we even saw my belly move! It's amazing, but it can be distracting at work. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job promotion as well as the MBA!! Hope that Nick is better!
Love.
A. Lynne

Anonymous said...

WOW Candace! that is such exciting news. Congratulations. I know you are so happy to have completed your MBA. We are proud of you! Uncle Larry and I are praying for Nick, hope he recovers soon.
A. Tami