Thursday, July 10, 2008

Nick is back in the States

I just got a call from Nick, and they had made it safe and sound into Miami from Panama. It sounds like he had a successful trip, but I'll let him tell you all about it. He'll arrive in St. Louis tonight, and then I'll fly in tomorrow night after I get off work. Finally, I get to see him, but I'll have to share him.
I am very excited, though. We are actually ending up in a small town about an hour outside of St. Louis in southern Illinois. We, along with some of our other college friends, are coming together to celebrate the ordination of our good friend Josh. He just finished seminary in May, and is starting his first call.
Nick and I have been so blessed to have such wonderful friends. Alas, most are church-workers and thus live far away, so we aren't able to see them very often. It seems like it's that way with all the ones we love. :( We do our best to get together once a year or so, but it is an effort to do so with time, schedules, money, and now for some of us, children. Josh and his wife Rebekah are way ahead of us, though - she just found out a few weeks ago they are expecting #3! Meanwhile, I'm trying to wrap my head around 1! :) It's always worth it when we do get together, though, and we all just pick right up without skipping a beat. I suppose that's one of the qualities in a great friend. The "gang" this weekend will include: Josh & Rebekah with their little boy and little girl, Tommy and Laura from Texas, Jake & Tara with their little girl from IL, and me & Nick.
I will try to make it a point to take some pictures. I always have great intentions when it comes to picture taking, but somehow, I get caught up in all the fun and forget all about it!
Since I can't seem to make an entry without a baby update, here's something for you all. I get an email each week from the babycenter website. It tells you approximately how big your baby is and what new developments are happening that week. I have really enjoyed getting it and find it really fun to watch the growth from week to week. According to the 23 week update, Natalie the Peanut is about a foot long, and weighs almost 1 1/2 pounds. Here's the picture I got yesterday:

It's kind of pretty darn neat if you ask me. I can't WAIT to see what she will look like! I told Nick a long time ago that he better give me smart and pretty children. :) I know he will.

No comments: