Friday, August 01, 2008

A "Marital Moment" for my friend Julianna and others to enjoy

So, last night I finally corralled Nick into working on the floor, and we got significant progress made! Yeah for us. Anyway, being pregnant has severely limited my wardrobe and when I arrive home from work I find myself grabbing a pair of athletic shorts (yea for stretchy waist bands) and one of Nick's t-shirts. Not very attractive I assure you, but it fits and it's comfortable.
Well, last night I had on last year's VBS shirt - mustard yellow paired with my fashionable canary yellow shorts. Nick started laughing and said that I looked ridiculous in two different shades of yellow. I said, "Oh well, these are my working clothes (floors), and no one will see me but you."
He went off to change into his work clothes and we got started laying flooring. It wasn't maybe five minutes later we were carrying some planks back to the bed room I stopped dead in my tracks seeing him walking down the hall and started to laugh so hard I was crying.....
Nick had put on his yellow mesh shorts and his neon yellow VBS shirt from this year!!!! He is too funny.
A little later I turned to him and said, "We should take a picture of ourselves in our hideous yellow getup." He just rolled his eyes and said, "I knew you were going to say that." :)
And this is another reason I love him so.

1 comment:

Dutch not German is said...

I miss you both SSSSOOOOO much! I am working dilegently on the very best in baby knitting for Natalie, and I am planning on bringing it in person if I can.