Thursday, August 14, 2008

Graduation!

My MBA graduation ceremony was Saturday at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa - right next to the building where I took all of my classes. It was a lovely ceremony, and I made it across the stage without tripping! I was blessed to have my mother here as well as my mother and father-in-law. My Aunt Elaine was also able to be there and graciously opened her house to us afterwards for goodies and visiting. Chocolate Eclair Cake.....yummmmm, and yes, it is as good as it sounds.



Our floors are finished and the baseboards are installed!!!! All that is left is the little bit of trim work we have entering the rooms (transition pieces). We only ran into on little hitch - the elliptical machine wouldn't fit out the door and in the hallway to move it to the other room. But, with the help of our terrific parents, we partially disassembled it and got it moved! And it still works fabulously - I did a 30 minute workout last night on it! We will definitely have to post some "before" and "after" pictures. It really looks great if I do say so myself! :) The thing we are now currently working on is replacing all the interior doors in our house. 2 are up, 7 to go! They also look great.

In other news, now that the furniture is all back where it is supposed to go and things are all set up, Charles has taken over the guest room. We think that he thinks that is HIS room. He has been taking most of his naps on the bed in that room, and it is pretty interesting since he NEVER sleeps on beds. It's funny. :)

Baby news:
*Everything continues to go well. At my last checkup on Monday, the doctor said to "keep doing whatever you are doing" because everything looked wonderful. Praise God! I will now start seeing him every two weeks instead of every 4.

*The date for the Baptism has been set for November 30, 2008, the weekend after Thanksgiving. Mom found my dress and shoes from my baptism that Natalie Shea will wear for hers! My Dad (Papa) will be doing the baptism. How special. Thanks Mom and Dad!

*The crib and dresser have arrived, and they are beautiful! Mom and I spent one afternoon putting the crib together. I know Nick appreciated that - one less thing I'd be nagging him to get done. :) Pictures to come on that, too.

Other than that, we have just been taking it easy the past couple of days relaxing after all the craziness and enjoying watching the Olympics. Aren't the athletes amazing? Enjoy your week everyone!

3 comments:

Lilly said...

The crib and flooring looks great!

Kristin said...

Congrats on graduating...I know you're so happy to be finished! And the nursery looks great (and so do you!!). :)

melthedce said...

Congrats my dear friend! Looks like everything is going really well for you guys! You look great and so does your house!