Friday, January 20, 2006

Feeling a Little Overwhelmed

I'm sure everyone goes through several day spans of feeling like they need about 35 hours in the day. Well, the next few days are spawning those feelings as we speak.

This weekend I must:
-Clean the entire house. I am baffled how a house can become so dirty and messy when no one is ever there! It's got to be the 8th wonder of the world.
-Laundry. Must I say more? The dirty clothes hamper, I am convinced, leads into the great abyss. Everytime I reach inside, I pull out more clothes that need washing. I can only imagine what it will be like when we have kids!
-Work in the yard. Yeah, we still haven't finished the landscaping in the front yard.
-Homework. I'll restrain myself from making inappropriate comments.........I brought this on myself. I can blame no one but myself. Dumb myself.....
-Help with Youth Night - My weekly wifely DCE duties.
-Practice for and play my trumpet for Sunday service. eye yi yi!
-7 dust Charles for fleas. It's the poor people's way of getting rid of fleas and ticks on their pets........and yes, you can use it on plants, too.
-Cook. But you know I really don't mind that.
-Balance the check book, and make sure all of our tax information is together in the same folder.

Seriously......I'm not sure I have time to get all this stuff done? But, somehow, it allways seems to get done, and life goes on. It's going to be a long couple of days.

4 comments:

melthedce said...

you can do it... I know there is never enough time but then I just say it doesn't really have to get done today and move on so I can still enjoy the day to a certain extent! You are great!

Dutch not German is said...

until YOU expire, eh Kendra?

Anonymous said...

How funny that I sent you an e-mail before reading this that stated I, too, felt quite overwhelmed.

Aside from the ongoing task of trying to make learning somewhat enjoyable for a group of students who I truly believe only care about passing, I have these two graduate courses that are quite time consuming, "wifely" duties as a pastor's wife, home chores (that we all have and love), and to top it off this week, I have to take a group of kids to an academic meet in Fletcher, OK after school on Thursday. I estimate home arrival around midnight and then the old alarm will sound promptly at 6 a.m.

Oh, will it ever end??? In the wise words of our beloved Mrs. Kay Green--yes, dear, when you die.

Just kidding a little their Candace. Hang tough. You have that Connelly woman gene and shall not be defeated. We are strong. I just keeping telling myself that, too. But as you said, some of this is of my own choosing.

I love ya girl--

Anonymous said...

This message, is matchless))), it is interesting to me :)