Monday, October 27, 2008

Thought of the day

As labor and delivery draws ever closer, I can't help but be apprehensive and a bit fearful. I have said that I am just ready for that to be over with so I don't have to worry about it any longer. As always, God hears my cries and worries and comforts me through His Word. This was the daily devotion I read this morning:
"Many say we fear the unknown. This statement is not always true. Do you open gifts only when you know what is inside? Do you see movies only when you already know the ending? No! Life's newness often brings great joy and excitement. When we can trust the source and the giver, we can enjoy the gift.
We do not know all the details of our eternal future. But through Christ Jesus, God shows us that He can be trusted, and we can rejoice in the future He gives us.
Trust is a gift created and sustained by God Himself (Ephesians 2:8-9). We have true faith and trust in God only because He has proven that He is truly faithful to the sinner. The cross is the fount of faith that flows through the Word and Sacraments in the Church (Romans 10:17). God forgives and renews us, revealing Himself to us as our doting Father, protective big Brother, and Faithful Counselor who graciously gives us every gift - spiritual and physical - out of His great love and to His eternal glory."

I feel better now, don't you? Isn't the Lord amazing? :)Hope this gets your week started off great.

No comments: