Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Prettiest Gift Ever

Nick and I took a vote and we decided that this was the prettiest gift we received. It was from one of my co-workers and his wife.

Also pictured is a little afghan I made a while back (before I was pregnant) and my one impulse buy for Natalie - the little lamb by the basket of goodies. I couldn't resist. It is SO soft.
Back to the basket. Isn't it lovely? I have to say that I am somewhat jealous of people who have an eye for things like this. I mean sure, I can duplicate it, but to come up with it initially is quite another thing. I hardly wanted to open it, but the urge to get things in their place ultimately won over. :)
We are all still doing well. Natalie is just hanging out waiting for her big day...whenever she decides that may be. I have another Dr. appointment today, and he'll be checking to see if I'm progressing any more. I think she's pretty comfortable, though, and don't think she'll arrive and day soon. But, heck, what do I know?
I'm still working and people keep asking me when my last day will be. I tell them that I don't know...ask her. :) I have been so blessed with a healthy pregnancy and I have never been completely miserable. I mean, uncomfortable, yes, but miserable, no.
My crazy procrastinating husband is still trying to get our bathrooms redone before the baby comes. You know, one day this behavior is going to come back to bite him, but for my sake, I hope it's not this time! I did my duty of picking out the tile yesterday, so the ball is back in his court. It will be great to have two working showers with all the company we will be having over the next couple of months.
We have had such a busy week this week - something every night of the week. Friday night is the only night with nothing going on. What will we do with ourselves? Rest up for Saturday of course! Saturday, we need to install the car seats and get them inspected. Then on Saturday afternoon, we will be going to our friends' house for their "2nd Annual Pumpkin Extravaganza". :)
The coming week, though looks to be pretty uneventful so far. That's what's new with us lately!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Are you skipping out of the auction on Friday? If you NEED something to do you can don your favorite beachwear and come on down to the Civic Center! :)

Elaine said...

What? The unicorn didn't make it? lol