Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Week Gone Already!

I can't believe another week has passed so quickly! I suppose that is a good thing.
This past weekend we made a trip to Brandon and spent all our money. :) We have all of our essentials now, though. The nursery is finished and we will post pictures and a video tour very soon, I promise!
I went to Michael's and got supplies to make her name - painted wood letters hung by ribbon - to go above her crib. It turned out really cute if I do say so myself.
The bed is made now that we have a mattress, and the diaper bag is now packed now that we have a diaper bag! This weekend I guess I will pack the hospital bag for me, although sometimes it still feels like we have all the time in the world. However, 20 days can go by so quickly, and technically, it could be any day now - she is now considered full term! That is terribly frightening in some ways, but exciting in others.
I am ALMOST finished with the crocheted blanket I have been working on for what seems like forever, but it has turned out lovely. Wouldn't you know I ran out of yarn with only 1 1/2 rounds of the border left to do! Oh well, it will be done soon. In the meantime, I am working on pair of knitted little pink slippers. One down, one to go! I hope to finish those this weekend.

On the job front, I had a "team building" day yesterday. I worked really hard planning the scavenger hunt of sorts, and it seemed to be successful. Yea! They all surprised me with some beautiful flowers today for "Boss' Day". I am SO bad about things like that. I had totally forgotten, but luckily was able to pick something up on the way back from my Dr. appointment today for MY boss. When I got back, there was the lovely surprise waiting for me! But seriously. About holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, you name it, I stink at it. I always forget if I don't make myself a reminder, and if I do happen to forget I feel like a total heel. It's not that I don't love the people, I guess it's just not my love language or something. However, I know it's important to let people know you remember, and that's why I am trying harder and doing things to help my cause. :)

Anywho, I am off for today heading home to figure out something to make with chicken breast for dinner, and watch our favorite TV show - The Office!

No comments: