Friday, October 10, 2008

Armadillo Hunter

I (Nick)have not posted in a while. Sorry. Some of you may or may not know about our armadillo problem in our backyard. For the past few months there has been at least 2 armadillos living under our shed. Now, before I go any further, I must state that I love God's creatures. But I must also point out that God put us in control over the animals. So, armadillos are somewhat interesting creatures and most of my experiences with them has been seeing them on the side of the road in Missouri. I now have much more personal experiences. These armadillos have been tearing up our backyard. They are grubbers, so they root around in the yard, killing the grass! I tried many ways to get rid of them (not in order): called a trapper- wanted $250 to put up a trap for a week with no guarantee of catching one. thought about borrowing a .22- but live to close to other people tried to catch it, flooded its hole under the shed- did not work. As you can see, it was taking up my time. So, last Monday I spotted the horrible creature. I stalked it with a 50 gal. trash can, I was able to put the trash can over it and trap it. Now....do not read the next part if you like armadillos: Finally I cut a hole in the bottom of the trash can and pored some gasoline in on the armadillo. After squirming around for a few minutes, it finally died. I buried it the back yard. Nick- 1 Armadillo- 0

5 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

I'm pretty sure Mark didn't cover Armadillo Hunting in any of our classes... Looks like you're surviving though :)

The Rueckerts said...

that's pretty impressive Nick...

Jodi said...

That was awesome, I think Jodi had tears rolling down her face. Nick the 'dillo hunter. Now James thinks that since you are in Polk county, you should have BBQ'd the possum on the half shell.

Christy said...

Um, gross. But awesome.

Anonymous said...

Nick, you are the MAN! Hope you tied his dead carcass to the hood of your car and drove around town.

ULarry