Monday, June 02, 2008

Houston....We Have Liftoff

Space Shuttle Discovery lifted off last Saturday at 5:05p.m. from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Candace and I went over to Dave and Sonya's on Friday night. They live a few miles from Coco Beach. We enjoyed the company of their friends Jason and Christina and little one (6 weeks old...and I can't spell the name of their daughter, so I won't try). They are great people and I hope we get to see them again soon.
Candace and I got to experience the Wii for the first time. It is a pretty amazing machine. I let her beat me at Tennis boxing. I decided to win at Bowling and Baseball. Dave bought the Madden NFL game and that was hard to play. Jason brought Tiger Woods 08...I think I play better on the "real" golf course!
Saturday we went to the beach. The waves were good, so I got to boogie board some. I also got really sunburned...the Florida sun is dangerous!
We went back to the Timmerman's apartment and cleaned up and then went to see the Shuttle Launch. We watched it from a park which was on the Banana River and right across from the Space Center. It was a cool experience. See the photos below...










On our ride back to Lakeland Saturday night (which took over 1.5 hours LONGER than normal because of the traffic back-up on the 528 Beachline) we passed these people that were moving. It looks like they ran out of room in the truck. Kind of reminds me of the opening sequence of the TV show "the Beverly Hillbillies"

No comments: