Wednesday, June 18, 2008

20 weeks and Moving!

Well, I guess I've officially reached the half way point! In some ways it seems like it's been forever, but other times it seems like I just found out. That's how life in general is, though.
In the past week I have finally been able to feel Peanut moving around a bit with more frequent activity the past couple of days. It's pretty weird, but not as weird as I thought it would be. Perhaps because it starts out so faint and gradually gets stronger. I know Nick can't wait to feel the little one tumbling around in my belly. He'll have to wait just a little longer until Peanut gets a little bigger and a little stronger.
In other exciting news (well maybe just for me), the flooring in the nursery is finished with only baseboards to be installed. So, last night I got a little carried away with the next room. Nick worked until 10:30 last night, so he wasn't there to cool my jets. These are what my mother calls "wild hairs". I get the tendency from my dad. It's basically when you get your mind set on something and it becomes almost an obsession. This can be good sometimes, but is usually better if you have someone that can monitor/control you in some way. Last night I pulled up tack board, shop vac-ed, laid the moisture seal and padding for part of the room, and laid 5 rows of wood laminate. Charles kept me company most of the time. I find it quite funny that he doesn't mind the noise, or he minds it, but not enough to be away from my side. He came up to me every once in a while to be pet. I think he just wanted me to know that he was there and make sure I noticed. By the time I finally made myself quit, I was already sore from all the bending over, squatting, hammering, etc. This is usually NOT a good sign, since most of the time you don't feel the effects of your labor until the next day. I figured that I wouldn't be able to move today, but it isn't too bad.
Nick got home and couldn't believe that I had actually done it all by myself. I don't know why he was so shocked. I can follow directions, and I've done many-a home improvement task in my time. I will say that it is a lot easier with two people, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! :)

P.S. Everyone should cut something with a power saw at least once. It makes you feel so powerful! :)

No comments: