Monday, March 06, 2006

Babysitter/ Update

Well, they aren't really babies, but you know what I mean. Nick and I have agreed to watch 3 kids for the weekend while their parents go out of town. This is going to be WEIRD! The oldest is a freshman in HS, the middle child is a 6th grader, and the baby is a 5th grader. I'll be cooking for them and making sure they get to bed on time, and Nick will be making sure they get to school on time. Will this be a momentary "flash forward" about 20 years? Pretty strange to think about, huh? Anyway, I don't anticipate it being bad at all. The kids are great and very well behaved.

In other news, Nick and I are prepping for Quote "The social event of the year" according to our middle-schoolers. I didn't know it had so much clout! The middle school lock-in is this weekend as well. Boy oh boy. The kids love it, but it takes the adults the entire year to recover from it! I made it until 3 am last year, but then I hit the door.

Well, I finished my first two 8 week classes for school. An A and a B. I'm satisfied. I know I'm no prodigy or super genius, so as long as I make it through the program with above a 3.4, I will be satisfied. So far, I have done that. My next two professors will be interesting. I've heard mixed reviews, so I am ready to find out how they will be.

Nick made it back from the HS district youth gathering, and had a great time in Jacksonville. He said the kids really enjoyed it, and were able to have plenty of fellowship and service opportunities. They had the largest food distribution in Jacksonville's history, so that's pretty awesome.

I guess that's about all that has been going on with me. I'm another year older - 24 - woo hoo. That's another thing that pretty much stinks about getting older. Birthdays just aren't what they used to be. Anyway, I better be getting back to work. My lunch break is over. Until next time......

No comments: