Friday, March 24, 2006

Something to "chew" on, and listen to.....

If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world will satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.

~~~C.S. Lewis

Don't you love being a Christian? Where else can you be fully satisfied and, on the flip side, never be fully satisfied? I have recently purchased my first CD in years (literally). Who, you ask, brought my fruglness to its knees? Well, it's Barlow Girl's latest - Another Journal Entry. I'm not one to promote music, as everyone has their own tastes, but this one is definitely worth doting on. There's something on there for every mood you happen to find yourself in.

Feeling rebellious and wild? Listen to Track #1 ~~~So give me the fire, yeah God give me your fire~~

Boyfriend just dumped you, or someone hurt you? Track #5 ~~~Broken Heart one more time Pick yourself up, why even cry Broken pieces in your hand Wonder how you'll make it whole~~~~

Going crazy at work? Track #6 titled Take me Away

Just want to rock out to the love and awesomeness of Jesus? Track #10

My favorite has to be Track #3 because it optimizes my relationship with my Lord:

Why, why are You still here with me
Didn't You see what I've done?
In my shame I want to run and hide myself, but it's here I see the truth
I don't deserve You.
But I need You to love me, and I
I won't keep my heart from You this time
And I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I have
I, I have wasted so much time pushing You away from me
I just never saw how You could cherish me
'Cause You're a God who has all things And still You want me.

For a "preview" visit www.barlowgirl.com

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: