Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Thought on forgiveness

It's always amazing to me what forgiveness brings - whether you are asking for it or giving it to another. It seems to always bring out what is right in the world. The forgiveness between a husband and a wife is something I can't fully describe. I screw up all the time, and Nick forgives me time and time again. In turn, when he happens to do something that is less than desirable, and then comes to me asking forgiveness, I feel loved. I appreciate that we can come to each other truly sorry for our actions and ask the other for forgiveness.
This also makes me contemplate God's forgiveness. I just can't fully comprehend that 1) I can even go before The Almighty and ask for forgiveness time and time again. I'm like the monkey that reaches for the banana and gets shocked every time he does, but yet keeps reaching for it anyway. It truly is a humbling experience. and 2) That God grants forgiveness to dumb monkeys like me even when he knows we will inevitably screw up again.
Forgive others just as He forgives us. What a great pearl.

No comments: