Friday, April 24, 2009

The Tooth the Whole Tooth & Nothing but the Tooth

Miss Natalie Shea has cut her two bottom teeth already! I can hardly believe it. I was caught so off guard I guess because I wasn't expecting it so early. I didn't cut my first teeth until 10 mos according to my mom. Plus, she has shown no signs that are typically associated with teething. No fever, fussing, excessive drooling. Crazy. Come to find out, though, Nick cut his first teeth early, so I guess that's where it comes from. She is certainly proving herself to be an "angel baby", as my Aunt Jo calls her. We feel so blessed to have been blessed with a healthy, and happy child.
She has been doing great with her solid foods. We did sweet potatoes this week, and tonight, avocado again. She's eating both really well, and takes a little more each time. Also, we have introduced the sippy cup to her. I have these awesome cups where the entire top is silicone, so it has the feel of a bottle. The first night I think she though it was a toy, but the past few nights she has really taken to it. She doesn't drink a lot, but hopefully this will just get her used to it so when the time comes, getting rid of the bottle won't be so bad (crossed fingers).
Meal time is a fun time to interact with her. She does so well in her high chair.
Both sets of grandparents have been able to see Natalie via Skype. It is a free service online that allows you to video chat with others. This is such an awesome thing, and I know we will use it more and more as she grows. It's certainly a blessing when your family lives so far away.

Yum, sweet potatoes!




I'm a big girl with my sippy cup.


I'm all ready for my walk in my shades and the new hat for summer mom couldn't resist.




In other news, the big dinner auction for St.Paul's high school summer mission trips is a week from Sunday - May 3rd. Dinner tickets are being sold for $10 per adult, and $5 per child. Each HS student and adult leader is charged with making a basket that reflects them, their personality, or their interests. The last time they did it, everyone did a great job and the auction was a great success. We are praying that this auction will also provide great blessings to these kids. I am not really a really creative person, but I was really proud of my efforts for Nick's basket. Behold! It's a "God Bless Texas" basket, of course. :)
Nick and I will prepare and serve a Texas feast for 8. The basket also includes two CD's to play at your party and all the festive paper goods. Dinner will all be home made except for the chips and tortillas and the menu is:
Apps: Queso, Salsa, Guacamole and Chips
Dinner: Cheese Enchiladas and Chicken Fajitas with all the fixins
Dessert: Dulche de Leche Cream Cake
Drinks: Iced Tea, Beer, and Margaritas


If anyone is in the area next weekend, come out and support the St. Paul youth! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Angel Baby!
My -- you are growing up so fast - already have teeth! You'll be walking soon. Can't wait to see you here in Texas in a couple of months. I may just have to take you to Braums for an ice cream treat since you're eating people food now. Oh! And bring your sweet Mommy with you too!!
Love u,
Auntie Jo

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do love being able to see what is going on even though we are way too many miles apart. It is indeed rare for a baby to cut teeth with virtually no warning.
I love the new hat. It goes so well with the Hello Kitty sunglasses. :) The sweet potatoe smiley face made me laugh.
Life's simple pleasures are the best.. All the little things that make you smile. I'm glad you are enjoying each and every minute.
Lip kisses and hugs,
Mom
(AKA JeJe)