Thursday, April 16, 2009

A is for Avocado

Well, this week we began giving Natalie some solid foods. First on the menu was avocado. She did great and has been doing well with it so far. Next week will be sweet potatos.
A side note on sweet potatoes. I always thought I hated sweet potatoes, I guess because I had the bad experience of the nasty canned one doused in butter and brown sugar at Thanksgiving. Well, I know how great they are for you, and since they were on Natalie's menu, I thought I'd try it. I baked it (in the microwave) and just topped with a little butter and salt. It was DELICIOUS. I would encourage everyone to give it a try. Nick and I were both plesantly surprised (both former sweet potato haters) and we are excited that we now have a new tasty new side item to throw in to our diet.
We got some really great shots of Natalie:











I love this last shot. It's right before we got started, and the look on her face says "what are you doing now mom?" :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And "A is for awesome." What an awesome way this blog is for me to keep up with my little sweetie pie Natalie Shea and her parents. It has been only a month since I was in sunny Florida with you. Natalie is growing and changing so quickly. Enjoy every moment.
Love you!!
JeJe

Anonymous said...

A is also for Auntie. Favorite Auntie Jo here! :)
My she is growing so fast. What color is her hair? It almost looks like it has a reddish tint!!
Love u all!
Auntie Jo

Anonymous said...

Michael and I like using sweet potatoes. They are great sliced up like fries and baked in the oven with a little bit of olive oil,salt (tiny amount),pepper. (and if you are Michael or cajun he likes to put Tony Sachere's on them.) I recently found a recipe in my Kraft food magazine that used the same recipe,except slicing them in 1/8 slices and the using a cream dip that has sour cream/cream cheese and green onions. It's pretty good-Michael and I usually just stick to dipping them in ketchup!! Miss you guys-sorry this turned into a cooking show!
Love,
Abby