Tuesday, April 07, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Soon and very soon, we will be introducing Natalie to solid foods. For five months it's only been "the leche". In a way it's a little bitter sweet. I will still get to feed her, but solid food is just another confirmation of how fast she is growing up.
I was introduced to a really awesome book called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron, and I am really excited about it. I figure I can make better food myself than the good ol' manufactures can, and I want to be able to give her the most nutritionally sound and healthy foods as possible. I already cook for Nick, so Natalie should be a breeze. The book is like an encyclopedia on baby food. It's a little busy - chocked full of anything you could ever want to know about baby food, and nutrition in general -, but it really does have awesome information in it. Typically baby's first food is rice cereal. However, the processed refined stuff sold in stores really isn't all that nutritionally great. A baby can't properly digest whole grains until six months. So, for the next month we will introduce avocado, sweet potato, and banana. For any new moms or soon to be moms again, I would recommend this book. I'll let you know how it goes over the next few months.
So on with my favorite things. I guess the next few things are dreams since I am not in possession of them, but if I could, I would. First up is the Chevy Traverse. Have you guys seen this? It looks pretty slick, and since I do not want to drive a mini van (ever) this seems right up my alley. I saw one on the road the other day and had to wipe the drool from my mouth. We have resisted the temptation to go test drive one, because it might be all downhill from there, and right now, we are enjoying NO car payments. Maybe in a couple years....*sigh*...
Everyone who knows me, knows that I am no fashionista, but I still have my girly clothing desires. I have found a store that, if I could, probably about 75% of my entire wardrobe would come from here. I have only been in this store once, but that was all it took. It is totally me. Too bad a blouse could run you $130 dollars. Alas. At least I can still "window shop". The store is call Anthropologie and has both clothing and unique housewares. Here is a sampling of the delicious items....(again wiping drool from my mouth).





Alright, now for the things that I can definitely vouch for:
Carters Baby Clothes. While oodles of adorable baby clothes abound, I have to say that Carters is my favorite. They seem to be the most comfortable fitting an easy care/wearing for Natalie. And just about everything they make is just so darn cute.



Lastly, the one baby item that we probably use more than anything is the play mat. It is awesome. We are currently borrowing one from a good friend, but we will definitely be investing in one the next time around.

In exciting Natalie news, she finally rolled over this weekend! It was the highlight of our week.
Well, I guess that's enough blabbing for one day. God's blessing to you all on a wonderful Easter!

No comments: