Friday, April 10, 2009

A Man's Perspective


I thought it was about time that this blog regained some of its masculinity. The last post by my lovely wife convinced me that it was time to get back on the horse and write something. So here it goes.

Did you see the Mizzou Tigers in the Tourney! This year I have been able to proudly wear my Mizzou gear (football this fall and B-Ball in the spring). Now if only my beloved Royals could get something going....
My little girl is growing up and it has been exciting to be there to watch her change. I work with teenagers, so I know that the changing will continue and there are going to be some challenges ahead of us, but I love this little girl no matter how much she will change. (you may be thinking that I am losing masculinity here, but I beg to differ...It takes a man to really love his daughter!)
Looking ahead I get the great priveledge of leadign two mission trip teams this year. One to the Dominican Republic and the other to Guatemala! I love these types of trips... which leads me to my next story:

So one of my students went to Cancun for Spring Break (His idiotic mother took him and his friends there....don't ask). Anyway, we will call my student "Philip". So Philip's friend bought some Cohiba Cigars and packed them away to bring back to the United States. On the plane back to the United States, Philip and his friends convinced their Cigar buying friend that he must list everything on the Customs form, including the cigars. Well, Philip's friend did just that...wrote down "Cohiba Cigars" on his Customs form! (For those of you that are not familiar with the Cohiba brand, it was originally Fidel Castro's personal brand of cigars, later sold to the public. For those of you living under a rock- the U.S. has a trade embargo with Cuba. It is ILLEGAL to bring Cuban Cigars into the country.
Needless to say Philip's friend was detained and he and all his belongs were searched before he was allowed into the U.S.
Moral of the story- Do what Nick Moss did on his trip back from Panama and just take the tags off of the cigars, and DO NOT claim them!
If you ever get a chance to smoke one, I highly recommend them!

nick

No comments: