Monday, February 06, 2006

What's in a dream?

So, lately I've been having all these dreams that I am pregnant. Just to clarify - I AM NOT PREGNANT. It's been freaking me out, though. What does it mean? The other night, I could feel the baby kicking in my dream. What is making me have these dreams? I've thought about it and it could be for any of the following reasons:
1) Everyone around me is pregnant and/ or just had a baby and I've been surrounded by it 24/7, work, school, church....
2)I have this overwhelming fear of becoming extremely fat, and being pregnant heightens this fear. Hince, my subconscious is telling me to exercise more? Yeah...what ever that means...
3)God wants me to have children soon. To which I beg- "please let me finish grad school first"! :)
4)I am realizing that school will be finished in a short 2 years, and that's the time we've decided to have children. That's not very far off people!!!

It's probably for the first reason, but I don't usually have dreams that are recurring.....Except there was a phase I went through in school where I kept dreaming I was going to school naked and not realizing it until I was already in class. Talk about a nightmare! I have written that one off to the highly critical girls I went to junior high school with who could squash your spirit like a bug in a split second. Ah, I don't really miss those days too much.
So am I the only psycho who has recurring dreams, or do you have some, too?

3 comments:

hannah said...

I liked your little blog promo at julianna's site. :) I, too, have had some pregnancy dreams--the one I most remember is from senior year at good ole cu when I had the baby right before my leadership devel. final and left in in the care of cindi greene and then forgot I had it and went to the premiere of LOTR part three yikes.

I think it's probably the first. I had a strange dream the other night that was a combo of all the things I'd been worried about that past week... but I won't bore you with details

Dutch not German is said...

First, I want to say that whenever you and Nick have kids, you are going to be AWESOME parents. Plus, having kids doesn't mean you have to get way fat either.

In the mean time, I have a reaccuring dream that someone has tied me down and is cutting off my fingers. Wanna trade?

lubke-moss said...

Ah yes, the cutting off your fingers dream. How could I forget that? Thanks for both of your comments.

Hannah, never in my dreams have I actually HAD the baby, so you are one up on me. Maybe that will be the next phase in my pregnancy dreams.....