Friday, September 26, 2008

I "heart" Ebay

You've GOTTA love technology sometimes despite it's downfalls and the frustration it often causes.
I just got this for less than HALF the price I would have paid at the store even AFTER shipping charges. It was a display model in a store, so it will not come in its original packaging. Not come in a box I would throw away anyway? Sign me up! Seriously people. I got the stroller, the carrier, and the car seat base for a grand total of $105.00! My weekend has just been made. I'm currently pressing my luck to see if I can "win" a glider and ottoman. I decided a while back that that was something I really wanted and plan on getting regardless, but if I can get it for a steep discount even better! Wish me luck. :)


In other news, we had another doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks great again. He said "keep making it look easy". Well, I must confess that I have been blessed with an uneventful pregnancy thus far (for which I am SO thankful). However, I don't know if I would use the word "easy". Up until the past couple of weeks I had been like the energizer bunny. Then almost over night I hit this wall. The fatigue has returned - much like I experienced in the first trimester, and my back has really started to bother me. Plus, it takes great effort now to roll over in bed at night. Oh well, in about 5 1/2 weeks I won't have to worry about some of these things.....they'll just be replaced by new ones, right?! :)
Anyway, the next appointment will be a "big" one. We will get to see Natalie again via a sonogram! I'm anxious to "see" her again since will have been 3 1/2 months since our last one. The down side to the appointment is that I will be, let's say, more thoroughly examined. Fun. Can't wait.

We also met with Mrs. King yesterday, and we feel even more blessed than before. She is more than we could have ever asked for. She's the sweetest lady you could want to meet, and she reminds me a lot of my aunt Marilyn. :) She is uber flexible, and that is going to let us maximize our time with her. Nick has such a bizarre schedule, but in this case it will be a good thing. Most weeks she will only go to Mrs. King's four days a week since Nick's day off is on Monday, and some days he will get to spend most of the morning with her if he will be working late or attending a meeting in the evening. Then, I'll be picking her up before 5 everyday! :) The only thing that we are going to have to "work around" is that she takes off 6 weeks during the summer. We plan on petitioning the grandmothers to come visit at that time - we provide the transportation down, and the room and board? What do you say? :) I am not concerned, though. I know God will provide just like he always has....

I guess that's all the excitement I have going on. This weekend will be filled - I'm going to attend our district LWML conference with two of my friends (Lilly and Jennifer) - it's in Orlando. LWML is the Lutheran Women's Mission League. They do all sorts of servant projects, outreach, etc. Pretty much everything mission minded. It is a fantastic organization, and I'm excited to attend. Then when I get back from that on Sunday, I am going to see the movie Fireproof with Nick. St. Paul has rented out one of the theaters and has been selling tickets to the showing. The pastors have also been doing a sermon series on "Fireproofing your marriage". It's not often that a God-centered movie comes out on the big screen, so if you haven't heard about it, check it out and then take your sweetie and go out and support it this weekend! :) Click "watch trailer" below.








No comments: