Monday, September 08, 2008

Brief Weekend Happenings

This weekend was pretty good, I have to say. Here are some highlights.
*Thursday (not technically the weekend, I guess) we went to see some of our HS youth girls play volleyball. St. Paul was represented on both teams, but on one, ALL 6 starters and the main sub are St. Paul graduates. It was fun, except the bleachers were pretty hard! Bad news of the day was that the Camero started acting funny. :(
*Friday: Worked and had a lazy evening at home. Some we know came to the house to look at the car, and THANKFULLY it was only a coil (????) that only set us back $80 for parts AND labor. Mr. Habina is THE BEST!
*Saturday: Had a brunch of pancakes and sausage (at Nick's request), Nick went to church to work for a couple of hours and I ran errands. In the evening we went to visit one of our friends who is in the hospital. She suffered a minor stroke this week and they found a blood clot in one of her lungs. Fortunately, she is in good hands now, on blood thinners, and under going lots and lots of testing. Came home after the hospital visit and watched a movie together before going to sleep.
*Sunday: Church in the morning, and lunch at our favorite hole-in-the-wall Chinese food place- YUM! Nick worked all afternoon, and I went home and started a novel and hung out with Bella (Charles spent the afternoon in the back yard - too hot for me!). I figured I'd get at least one final book read before D-Day. :) HS Youth was in the evening and we had 29! kids come. We have never had that many on a night where there wasn't some "special" event planned. It was very encouraging!
**Two other exciting things happened this weekend.
1) Miss Bella got litter trained and hasn't had an accident since Thursday!
2) Most importantly, I found out that my Grammie (mom's mom) is going to be here for Natalie's baptism!!! 4 generations of strong women, as my mom likes to say. It will be so special. She will be 89 years old the week I am due. She is traveling (from Indiana) the week before to attend my cousin's wedding in Dallas, and then heading to Tampa to spend a couple weeks at my Aunt Elaine's house. VERY excited. What a special day that will be. My dad is going to do the baptism, and mom found and cleaned the dress and shoes I wore for mine that Natalie will be wearing. Baptism are so beautiful and miraculous. Not only for the one who is being baptised, but also for the witnesses. A visual and verbal reminder of the saving grace the Holy Spirit works in us through the Word and the water.
So, that's the excitement around here. Nick and I are looking forward to the baby shower St. Paul is giving Natalie on the 20th of this month. If any of you are in the neighborhood, you are more than welcome to come stop by! I love my church family and friends here, but it's life changing times like this where it really pains me to have our families so far away. I wish that my mom and Nadine could be here to enjoy the shower, too, but it's just not in the cards. We will all be together soon doting over the little butterfly.
Here's wishing you all a great week!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

email me and i'll tell you their names! you are so cute prego!