Thursday, June 14, 2007

Reading for fun?

Yeah, that's right -- for fun. I almost forgot what that was. In case you are looking for a good book to read, here are the 6 I have read so far this summer - they are diverse (hey I like to mix it up sometimes):

The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Johnson - courtsey of my pastor's wife; about a hodge podge group of women the meet a a conference and somehow continue to grow and help eachother despite all of their differences. (It's a series, so I have like 6 more of these to read...sometime)I give it 3 out of 5 stars ***

Postmortem by Patricial Cornwell - courtsey of mom; a CSI type mystery that is very entertaining, exciting, and keeps you guessing until the last few pages. 4 Stars ****

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks - another one from mom; Wow! What a great book. It's a love story, but not your traditional one. Follows the life of a man looking for the hit and run killer of his deceased wife as he raises his son. Execellent! 5 stars *****

The Englisher and The Bretheren by Beverly Lewis - I picked up and started reading The Englisher without knowing that it was the second book in a series (Annie's People), so you may want to start with the first book in the series. They were both a good read. I decided on these to get me in the mood for Amish country. These tell you a lot about the Amish culture and religion. I found them interesting. I love books that are fiction, but you still learn a lot from them. 4 stars ****

True Believer by Nicholas Sparks - in process - I liked A Bend in the Road so much I wanted to read some of his other books. I'm only on Chapter 5 right now, but so far, so good. I'll let you know it's final rating when I'm done.

So, as you can see, I have been really poductive lately. Worthless, actually. Once I get into a good book it is really hard for me to put it down. It's addicting, for sure.

Anyone else have any good reccomendations for me? I'd love to hear about them.

I am also trying to finish up my baby blanket I have been working on (on and off) for the past 4 or 5 months. Hopefully I can get that tackled soon.

No comments: