Friday, June 29, 2007

Another Quick Trip to the Homeland

That's right folks, in a mere 12 hours I will be back in the homeland (Texas for those of you who don't "get" the whole "I'm proud to be from Texas and even though I no longer live there I will ALWAYS be from there" thing). It will be the quickest, yet most expensive trip that I have ever made there. I leave Friday night and return Sunday evening.

What's the occasion, you ask? My good friend from HS, who was also an usher in my wedding, is getting married tomorrow! I can't miss that! My wonderful husband consented without even a bit of hesitation to let me come. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky. I will miss you this weekend!

Here we are by the Eden Fire Truck a few weeks ago at Kim's wedding. (Everyone now, "awwwwwww".)

Anyway, enough of that. I am excited to see my grandparents who felt rather neglected, I must admit, at Kim's wedding since we only saw them for a couple of hours. Not that this trip will be legnthy by any means, but at least we will have a little time to chat.

Last night Julianna came over, ate dinner with us, and played sequence with us. Wow, what a way to celebrate your birthday, huh? Sorry we aren't more exciting, J! We did get her a new "friend" - Ivy, but I will let her tell you all about that. House plant (who we decided to name "Lindsay"), you will be happy to know, is still at our rehab facility working towards a full and healthy recovery. She was in pretty bad shape when she first came to us, but she is doing much better.

In the book arena, I finished The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. A++ If you want a feel good book with a great ending, this is something for you. I have tried to start "For Kings and Planets" by Ethan Canin, but it is not going well so far. It's slow to start, and it has been really dark with a sad sort of feeling thus far. I brought a backup for my travels - just in case this one really gets stinky.

The most exciting news I have lately is that I have decided that I am going to learn how to knit! Yes, I know this may not be that exciting for most, but in my world this is super! I can't wait to learn how to hone my mad skills and make a pair of socks. I have been seeing all of these awesome knitted socks, and just have to learn. I think I've mastered (well gotten pretty good at) crochet, and now I want to start this venture. My ultimate goal is to make myself a sweater. Now, I know that visions of really awful Christmas sweaters are floating through your head right now, but I am talking about something cute and modern. Something that people will not know is "homemade". That will be the true test. Something like the top one (the bottom one is a tinsey bit ugly):


I'm getting way ahead of myself, though. Must slow down, and contain myself. The learning will tentatively commence next Saturday after an afternoon of shopping with Julianna. She, as you may have guess, will be the teacher, and I her pupil.

Welp, that's about it for now. So-long for now, and have a fantastic weekend.

Keep me in your prayers as I travel.....

1 comment:

melthedce said...

you looked beautiful in that dress!