Friday, June 22, 2007

Book and Weekend Stuff

Just as I have promised, I will give my book review:

True Believer by Nicholas Sparks- great book, and then I found that it had a sequal. So, of course, I had to see what happened next even though the book had a fine enough conclusion by itself.

At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks- the sequal to True Believer. Let me just tell you this, it was really good too, but in a different way. If you don't want to end up bawling, stop at True Believer and make up your own happily ever after ending. For drama and emotion, continue reading on. Want to know how much? Let's just say that it takes A LOT for me to cry. Especially over a book.

Other exciting news is that I finally completed my baby afghan. It turned out really cute after all. Now I just have to find someone to give it to, or wait two years to see if I have a girl. Sometime, if I get a chance, I will post a picture of said blankey. It's mostly 5 dc shells and puffs with the exception of part of the edging that is 7 rows of sc. It really added a lot. I like it. My next project is a cute little tote bag. Julianna, I'm going to try out some of the crazy yarn you gave me - the second hand-me-downs. :)

In other exciting news, Nick and I are going to the beach tomorrow! Fantastic! The tragedy is that this is the first time this summer we have been. I am going to bring along my new Nicholas Sparks book that I just started - The Wedding. The way I have been reading lately, I'll probably have it finished before the weekend is over. I must be rubbing off on Nick, because he has started his second book. Of course (for anyone who knows him you could have guessed) they are Tom Clancey. Books for a man's man. Naturally.... :)

On Sunday we are going to see Evan Almighty with what ever HS youth show up to see it with us. Nick and I are Office addicts and love Steve Carell, so I'm really looking forward to the movie. I hope it's good!

My final source of excitement is that I will be making a dessert for our Bible Study group on Sunday, and I'm trying out a new recipe from www.kraftfoods.com. It's a lemon cake with a coolwhip/ coconut frosting cleaverly called "Cool Lemon Coconut and Sour Cream Cake". I think I might top with some rasberries. If you are ever in a cooking slump, that websight is awesome. It's free to set up an account and you can save your favorite recipes in your recipe box for future reference. They will also send you a weekly email with themed recipes for the week. For example, the week of the Super Bowl, they had all these great appetizer and dip recipes. The recipes are simple enough and don't use any crazy ingredients. It's what I like to call "normal people cooking". If you are any kind of foodie like I am, you understand what I mean. :)If anyone tries it out, let me know what you think of it.

Anyway, those are my exciting weekend plans. I hope you all have a great one!

No comments: