Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I gave in

O.k. my lovely blog made me create a google account, so I finally did it. There was no other way to post, so I caved. It has just been so long, I needed to do it.

So here is an update on what has been going on with me the past few months:

Finished school for the spring - and the best part is that I'm out all summer!!!! Gloria Dios! I have been enjoying the time off thoroughly. I am on my 6th book of reading for fun - I almost forgot what that was like.

In mid May I took a trip to Texas to visit my mommy and daddy. It was so good to see them. One day dad and I took a trip to the Witchita Mountains about an hour north of where they live. It was absolutely beautiful. The hike up the 2270 mountain took about 1 hour to the top and 40 minutes back down. Here are a couple shots of the hike:

View from the top


Part of the hiking trail

Later that week, we drove down to my old home-town to celebrate my best friend from high school's wedding. It was a great time, and we did end up getting Kim and Chad hitched. :)

Me and the bride


The Fam

It was a fun time had by all. It was sort of strange to see some people I haven't seen in years. It's funny how some people change so much you can hardly believe it, and how others haven't changed a bit.

Monday, Nick and I got home from my grandparents' 70th wedding anniversary/ family reunion in Indiana. I'll save that experience and pictures for my next post since this one is getting rather lengthy.

Ah it feels good to be back in the saddle. Sorry to my two loyal fans. I will try to post more regularly now....

2 comments:

Dutch not German is said...

You look hot in that dress! I'm so glad you are back.

hannah said...

Ya'll were in my backyard! (figuratively speaking).

hope florida is treating you well!