Monday, December 19, 2005

A Nurse, a Guest, and a Priest....Not quite

What a crazy weekend I had! Friday night we spent the night with one of our pregnant friends who is having a horrible time with her pregnancy. (Her husband had to attend his grandfather's funeral.) She is 11 1/2 weeks along, and has been sick sick sick since November 2nd. I pray for her often and hope that she will overcome this wretched illness soon. We had to rush her to the emergency room Saturday morning due to severe dehydration. She received an IV and was released a few hours later. Thankfully, she is doing better. After that, Nick and I came home and crashed for a couple hours before the biggest Christmas bash in Plant City, FL.

Julianna is an awesome hostess and makes a fantabulous cantelloni. Supurb! What could possibly be better than pigging out, watching A Muppet's Christmas Carol, and enjoying conversation with people your own age? Hats off to Julianna for a great night. I'm looking forward to New Year's eve.

Sunday was filled with church activities as usual. So, I still did not get shopping done. I usually live by the 5 P's - Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.*Yes I am a self proclaimed NERD.* However, somehow these principles fall by the wayside around Christmas.

Yesterday was a very interesting day. Technically I married two people. Yes, you heard me right - married. You see, I am a notary in the State of Florida, and in Florida, notaries can sign and certify a marriage licenses. One of my coworkers had a couple of friends that needed their document witnessed and stamped. So, I obliged them and whipped out my trusty stamp. Pretty wild, huh. I'm thinking about opening my own little white wedding chapel - what do you think?

*****So, Julianna, when ever you find the right pair of pants - and the right man- I'm your woman!!! :)********

Last night was productive, as I finally started my Christmas shopping. Today my project is getting some letters printed and in the mail.

Welp, that's about all the excitement going on for now.......until next time.

No comments: