Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Charles - The other man in my life.



I promise that I'm not one of those people who obsess over their pet. I don't dress him or buy him expensive food. His toys consist of an old Koosh Ball we found in a box, a toy that one of his "friends" didn't play with anymore, and new as of this week - Christmas ribbon.

But, I must say that he brings great joy to my life. He is pure entertainment for me and Nick. He sits on the counter and watches me get ready every morning. I can say with confidence that no one else in this world would enjoy that day after day. Let's just say I don't look like mother radiance first thing in the morning. I think it's the unconditional love thing that gets me ---poor thing, he doesn't know any better.

This love for animals was so obviously inherited from my father. Despite his ongoing battle with his sinuses, I grew up with a vast array of pets. Now that my sister has moved out of the house, the number of pets exceeds the number of humans! It's my mom, dad, 2 dogs, and a cat (that's almost 17 years old!). Nick thought I had taken him to a zoo when I brought him home to meet my parents! :) I'm ever so excited to introduce him to Charles. I'm sure they will hit it off.

2 comments:

hannah said...

Hello Candace and Nick!
What a cute cat. It sounds like things are going well in Floridia!
Merry Christmas!
Hannah (from all the way in OKC)

Dutch not German is said...

I got your Christmas letter and it was totally cute! You guys are the best, and might I add a very very cute couple. I guess your a trio when you add Charley. I still maintain it that it should have an -ey after the hurricane.