Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Update, but no pictures

Well, I left my camera over at my Aunt Elaine's house while visiting her this past Saturday. Poo. Hopefully the boys can meet up soon and we will have pictures once more.
Last week was a rough one for me and Nick. We both came down with a nasty stomach virus of some sort. By the Grace of God, Natalie avoided it. We kept waiting for her to get it, but she never did.
Nick was also gone for most of the week. He had an educator's conference in Daytona, and then his High School Fall retreat immediately afterwards. He said the trip was successful, and that he thought the kids got a lot out of it. That's what's important.
Natalie has started "cruising" a little bit, but still doesn't show too much interest in walking, even when we try to assist her. She'll do it on her own time, so I'm not worried.
She had her first meal of complete finger foods this week. Peas, pasta shells, and cheese pieces. She did very well with it all. We still spoon feed her mostly offering one finger food per meal. I tried to give her kidney beans last night, but she gagged. Funny how she gags over beans, but cat food is a seemingly delicious treat! I guess I don't blame her too much. The beans aren't very good plain. Much better seasoned in a pot of chili. Maybe I'll try some Ranch Style Beans. I KNOW those taste good by themselves. :)
Nick and I are really looking forward to the middle of October. Our good friends from college are all coming down, and we are renting a beach house (for next to nothing - thank you church friends!)on our favorite beach spot - Anna Maria Island. With six kids 5 and under and two pregnant ladies, it should be a fun and interesting time. I'm sure we will have lots of stories and memories to take with us.
Other than that, it's kind of same old, same old.
Hopefully next time I will have new pictures to share. Although, she is getting harder and harder to get a picture of now that she is moving everywhere! :0)
Blessings to everyone.

No comments: