Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hanging in there

Well, Natalie has her first cold/infection. :( Poor little booger. She ran a fever for the first time on Friday, so I took her in to see the Doc. She is on some antibiotics and doing pretty good. Hopefully she'll be better in a couple of days. I guess 6 1/2 months is a pretty good run. Meanwhile I'm "sick" again, too. I am fine, I just can't stop coughing. Got me some Hall's and Tylenol Cough though, so that should help. We've had a productive Saturday - the house is clean and the yard got mowed. I'm happy. I know, it doesn't take much. :)
Natalie is sitting up so well by herself and is just so darn cute. I love this series of pictures:




Last weekend I got a wild domestic hair and decided to try out this super cute (albeit extremely labor intensive) desert - cupcake bites. After two days of working on them they did turn out pretty good:


I saw this on bakerella's blogspot. She's an amateur baker, but extremely talented. Her blog is lots of fun to browse.
Here are some fun pictures of Natalie from this past week. Here she is after a long hard play in her little jumperoo:

You'll notice she is still clinging to one of the toys. :)
Here's another one of our favorites. Just chillin' and smilin'.

Bath time is always fun. She does LOVE her bath, and who can resist a baby immediately post bath?

Finally, I leave a picture for Auntie Jo. Love Angel Baby. We can't wait to see everyone in just a few weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great series of pictures. I can tell Natalie is developing quite a personality. The sock monkey brings back memories from when Candace was a baby. She had a little sock monkey that she loved. The favored toy got lost on a walk. :(
I can't wait to see you girls in a few weeks (PaPa, too). I hope you are both feeling tip-top by then.
We love you all,
JeJe

Anonymous said...

P.S.
The baby cupcakes look awesome. They are just too cute. You have a talent there, Candace. Those would be absolutely adorable for a shower.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the special "Angel Baby" picture. I love it!!! And I can't wait to see you all. I'm gonna hug Natalie Shea and squeeezzzee those little legs :)
Candace you're looking awesome! Skinny minny. Sure hope you feel better soon. Love you all!
Auntie Jo