Saturday, May 16, 2009

What a productive day!

I caught Miss Natalie Shea all smiles today. We sure had a big day! 6 month pictures in the morning, followed by shopping at Michaels, Dillards where mommy got a new dress for summer church and weddings, and American Eagle where daddy got some new flip flops that were long past due. We are so pathetic. We figured it had been over a year since we've set foot in a mall. It was successful, though - one dress and one pair of shoes check! Natalie was doing so well we decide to press our luck and peruse a local furniture shop. Nick and I have looked several places, but never found anything we really liked.
Well, I really hadn't planned on purchasing furniture today,but......WE DID! It always makes me nervous to spend that much money at one time, but I am really excited. It gets delivered next Saturday, so that means we have exactly one week to find a home for our old stuff. We made our first listing on Craig's List, so hopefully we get a successful inquiry. Otherwise, I have no idea what we'll do with. I'm sure we'll figure out something. So, we'll give you an update on our furniture when we get it. We ended up getting a sofa, "over sized chair" (more like a love seat), ottoman, 2 end tables, and a T.V. table. The only thing we have left to get is a rug, and we'll be set.
So that is the exciting news on our end! We asked Natalie what she thought about it, and this was her response. I think she's as excited as mommy and daddy:




Her newest thing is making tooting noises with her tongue. It's so cute! Her hair is really fuzzy right now and getting pretty long. I use her little baby brush after her bath now. It still sticks up most of the time, though. :)

I think her shirt says it all. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natalie is my little sunshine.:) I always know that this blog is a place that I can come to brighten my day. It won't be long until I get to see you all in person and that will be even better. I'm lovin' the smile. Great Grammie is looking very forward to seeing and holding Natalie again,too.
Hugs and lip kisses,
JeJe

Anonymous said...

Darn! I wasn't the first one to comment. That grannie JeJe is really giving me a race for "Best Blogger" :) Oh well! Can't wait to see Angel Baby - she's at my favorite age - 6 months! Gonna squeeze those legs!! Love u!
Auntie Jo

Christy said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. I love that smiley face!