Thursday, February 05, 2009

Running a Marathon

Ever feel like you are running a marathon? Every day this week has seemed like a blurr. I get to the end of the day and think to myself, "Whoa. What just happened?!" This is my first week back to work full time and Natalie's first week with Edi - our fabulous sitter. She spent her first day adjusting to a new environment and getting to know Edi. By yesterday they were good friends. She is such an easy baby and a joy to be around.
She continues to sleep like a champ. Last night was her longest sleep ever! Despite my attempts to feed her before I left for work this morning, she continued to sleep like a log. Nick called and said he finally woke her up at 10 because he needed to get to work! 13 hours! Man. She is her father's daughter. He'd sleep that long if I let him. She is also holding her head up more and more and better and better every day. Her smiles are more frequent and in response to our smiles vs. smiling randomly. I can wait to hear that first giggle! :) Natalie still fits into most of her 3 month clothes, but she is a long one and some of her sleepers are getting a little short.
A couple months ago when we got our new TV we decided to let ourselves get sub-basic cable (about 20 channels - the main networks and PBS and such). We have never had cable of any kind before - just what we could pick up on the bunny ears. Along with that we also went nuts and got Internet service at our house - also something we never had previously. We decided that we could swing $30 a month for BOTH (I know great deal, huh?). Anyway, when they hooked us up, we of course got "free" channels for 2 months. That's how they try and hook you. It was really nice to have while I was on maternity leave. Well, the "free" ended on Tuesday. I must admit that I already miss Food Network and TLC, but I will learn to cope. :) What am I saying? I don't have time for TV anyway!
At work, my team is in their busiest season of the year and we are swamped! It seems there aren't enough hours in the day, but all we can do is all we can do. It's like this every year and comes as no surprise to anyone.
We finally got some Baptism pictures from my sister. We of course didn't have our camera and thus didn't have ANY pictures of the big day. Thanks to Courtney, we now have some. Hopefully, we can get a few posted before long. Better late than never I suppose....
It is COLD here. Now, before you start on us about living in Florida, it really has been cold the past few days. The highs haven't been out of the low 50's and this morning when I was driving to work it was 28! I actually pulled out my winter coat for the first time this winter. I know. Poor baby, right? Reminds me why I like Florida so much.
Update on Bella (our black cat). I don't remember if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but we thought we had lost her the middle of January, right before I left for Texas. Well, God heard my cries, and Bella did return a day and a half later - with a limp. Poor thing dragged herself home. We took her to the vet and were told that she had really messed up her knee - torn and/or injured the ligaments in her knee. We have been giving her meds to help her heal and she is doing much better. I tell you what. I am so thankful to have her back, though. She is my little lover kitty. She just follows me around the house waiting to be pet and curls up right beside Natalie and I when we are sitting on the couch.
All the while this is going on we are having a big crisis with our insurance company. Chalk it up to stupid first time parents - we didn't know we had to "formally" call and inform them to add Natalie. Well, we got our first bill and it said no insurance coverage. We called and they proceeded to inform us that we had not called and informed them within 30 days of her birth, therefore she would not be able to be enrolled until November 2009! Many tears, calls, appeals, and prayers later, we finally got her added. What a mess. Insurance companies are tricky tricky and it's always about money. The slogans that say they "care" about their customers are all a big pile of poo. Anywho, we praise God for the great outcome. We have learned our lesson for sure. Nick said he was going to call them every time his butt itched. That makes me laugh every time I think about it! :)
That should catch you up on the madness that is the Moss household. Hope your life is a little less hectic, but just as wonderful. :)

3 comments:

Shaunna said...

I can't even imagine that insurance mess! Poor things!! I would have cried and cried too!!

Glad Natalie is doing so well! Hope things slow down for you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Iknow that you are busy, busy. Time just flies by, and you find that it goes faster and faster as you age. Grammie once explained that to me--Between your first and second birthday,that is 0ne-half of your entire life, but say between your 26th and 27th birthday, that is only 1/27th of your life. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Oh, the words of wise Grammie. Anyway, enjoy every minute. That is a regret that I have. I did not enjoy my little ones like I should have. Now the time is gone and I can never get it back. I hope that someday we will be closer.
Love you all.
JeJe

The Prauner's said...

The insurance thing happened to us too...we let the church deal with it and they figured it out for us. Thank God for great people in the church. We didn't know we had to call and let them know either. So glad that you got everything figured out as well. :)