Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankful

Sometimes life just makes it plain hard to be thankful. After the past couple of weeks I have had, I'm searching for the silver lining. So, this great month starting off with my mom calling me on the 6th to let me know that Papa is now up in heaven playing scrabble with Chandler (my younger brother who passed away in 2001). My Papa was 90 years old, had 9 children (all still living), and just celebrated his 70th wedding anniversary with my Grammie this past June. He lived a long full Christian life, and I am happy that he is now home with our Savior and isn't suffering any longer. So, as far a funerals go, it wasn't bad. I ended up playing Lift High the Cross for the final song at the service (trumpet). It was hard, but it meant a lot to my Grammie, and God gave me just enough grace to get through it.

The nice thing was that I got to spend some time with my family. They are completely exhausting sometimes, but I love them all. It was wonderful to see my beautiful sister doing so much better. Even though she may not be able to see a difference, I certainly can! I just want her to be happy and enjoy the life God has blessed her with - she's always in my prayers, that's for sure.

Then, two days after I got back from the funeral ordeal, I had all of my wisdom teeth (3) pulled. Great fun that was. I am still in a mild amount of pain and still a little dizzy at times (that crazy pain medication really messed me up, but on the plus side, I felt no pain for 3 days), but I think I'm on the downhill slope at this point.

So on with the silver lining already. Yes. While in Indiana at the funeral, I knitted my sister a hat which for some reason she really seems to like. I was loving it until the decreases, but it just doesn't look right. I also knitted the falling leaf hat in knitty's fall patterns (version 2). Turned out a little big, but otherwise lovely. Darn if it's always got to be something! If I make it again, I will definitely go down from #7's to #5's dpns. It may be fine for someone. I will admit that I have an abnormally small head. It's true. I'm not lying. Anywho, I need to go yarn shopping again. I have completely depleted my yarn worth knitting supply. I'm starting to understand the concept of a "stash". Although, I am pretty particular and first like to start with a pattern and go from there. I digress.....

Thanksgiving is a mere two days away! And its all the more appealing since I have been on a liquid/soft food only diet for the past week. FOOOOOD!!!! MMMMMMMMMMM.....Nick and I are traveling over to spend the grand holiday with our wonderful friends Dave and Sonya again. We are so blessed to have such great friends. I'm about ready to head out to the grocery store to shop for the goods, and then I'm heading home to make these (pumpkin pie bars):


as well as some little delights I like to call Oreo Truffles!!! Be very very jealous. I will try to take some pics to share with you all when I get back!

Have a happy turkey day. :)

1 comment:

Jo said...

Oooh, are those Oreo truffles the ones where you crush the Oreos and then dip the little Oreo balls into white chocolate? (I may be remembering slightly incorrectly, but that was the general idea.) If so, those are AMAZING.