Thursday, November 29, 2007

Like being a kid again....

That's pretty much what our Thanksgiving can be summed up as. For 3 whole days I had no responsibilities, no cares in the world, got to do what I wanted to, and so forth and so on. The boys pretty much sat on their arses the entire time playing Command and Conquer on their computers they figured out how to sync together. What nerds, and what boys!!! Normally this would have bothered me to no end, but with cable and Dave and Sonya's big screen, I was perfectly content to watch food network and TLC's What Not to Wear, and paid no mind to the boys and their game. Also, one afternoon, Sonya and I ventured out to do a little bit of shopping. It was mostly window, but it was successful in that my single purchase of the day took care of my sister. Not only was I excited to find exactly what I was looking for ON SALE, but now I have one of my toughest people off my list. Her, my dad, and Nick have got to be the hardest people to shop for, but it all the more exciting when you find something you know they will like (hopefully).

Keeping true to our tradition, we ventured out one evening and took pictures that will go out in our annual Christmas letter. Both Dave and Nick love photography, so we get "free" pictures at studio quality! Thanks boys!! Here are a couple "contenders" we are trying to choose between. Which one do you like?
#1

#2

#3


Just for fun, here is a cute pic of Dave and Sonya - the best hosts ever!!


We also had fun cooking lots of awesome food. The pumpkin pie bars were alright, but the Oreo truffles were amazing!! (Yes, Jo, those are the ones.)I will definitely make those again even though they were a bit time consuming. Late at night we amused ourselves with poker, trivial pursuit 90's, hearts, and phase 10. Good times, good times. True friends are one of God's greatest gifts. People who you can be yourself around and don't run screaming in the other direction. :)

Here's hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are blessed with an even better Advent and Christmas season!

1 comment:

Jamie Lynn said...

Oh definitely Photo #1!

I wish I had friends to spend Thanksgiving with!!