Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Fun at Work

So let me just tell you how BIG of a deal Halloween is in my office. People plan for weeks(months even)in advance in attempt to claim the coveted title of best team, individual, scariest, etc. It's sheer madness. I participated, but since I'm not all that "into" Halloween, I have no chance of winning anything, but that's fine with me. It becomes even harder for me to really get into it since I am not a part of a team, but rather and "individual contributor". However, I joined forces with another independent, and we were the Next Iron Chefs. It was great. I wore regular clothes, threw on my apron, and Ilia (my partner in crime) made us these rockin' hats. I must say that we looked pretty stinkin' awesome. Behold:



Is that not a great picture? Now, I must tell you how the whole thing works. It's not enough that you dress up, but you also must decorate your cube/ area to reflect your costume and theme. So, my desk became kitchen stadium:



Check out my fantastic Kenmore flat-top stove. I hand crafted it myself. :)

Among the craziness were teams that did: Candy Land, The Adams Family, Star Trek, Wild Hogs, Disney's Magic Kingdom (an entire department combined forces for this one with one team doing Monster's Inc., one toy story, one the Haunted Mansion, and one various Disney characters like Mulan, Fairy God-mothers, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, etc.), and my favorite, the IT help desk did the "Beyond Help" Desk Mental Hospital. Then in the afternoon, all the kids (employees kids, grand kids, nieces, nephews, etc.) come and trick or treat in all of our areas. It's so fun to see all of the kiddos in their costumes. It provides a safe environment for the kids, and is nice since this is the only trick-or-treating that some get to do since their parents don't feel comfortable taking them out at night.

So there you have it.... a snippet of the crazy place I work.

No comments: