Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Change, You've got to be kidding me!

Yeah, that was the title of our sermon this past Sunday. Isn't that how we feel most of the time? I know I do. Just when you have gotten into the swing of things, something else comes into the picture and throws a kink in the wheels. A couple our age that we have made friends with down here just told us Monday night that they are going to be moving to Michigan for a job promotion. Do you know how hard it is to make friends nowadays? While I am happy for them, it still makes me a little sad for me. You know, it's my selfish human nature rearing its ugly head once more. Then again I should be used to having my friends living at the four corners of the U.S.

But I digress, not all change is bad. One exciting change that is about to begin is changes to our house. We have been wanting to make some changes to our house - it needs a few improvements, that's for sure - but we really didn't know how to go about it all and what to do first. Of course, God being the giver of all good things and the supplier of every need (and a few wants, too) brought a wonderful lady into our lives to help us out. She is fabulous. She is going to help us get a "game plan" for our house, and work with our budget and our timeline. She has already come over to our house and met with us, and tomorrow, we get to go talk to her about choosing products and getting ready for the instillation. This weekend, Nick and I will begin scraping off our popcorn ceiling that has started to fall down. Fun fun fun! Hopefully it won't be too bad. We have to get the ceilings done before the new floors come in, and that should prove to be quite a task.

Anyway, I should get you some before pictures, and then some after photos when it's all said and done.

Moral of the story, not all change is bad, and we can rest assured that we have a Changeless God who works for the good of those who love Him. So we know He uses change to mold us and shape our character. How lucky are we that we should be called His children? Change! Let it begin with me.....

1 comment:

melthedce said...

Ugh. I just left you a stinking long comment and my computer erased it as it was publishing it. I was just talking about how change is tough, even though we know we will be shaped from it, it isn't always easy to deal with. Even change we know that is for the better isn't always easy to get too. I have been working my butt off at the gym for 6 weeks but only lost about 6 pounds. It's getting frustrating... I know what will eventually come with it is worth it, but its tough tough stuff getting there.

Redoing your house is going to be awesome! I can't wait to see pictures. I love remodeling and doing all that, but it comes with work and sweat and frustrating moments. The end product will be amazing.

You are so right, It is hard to find friends our age. I don't get it. It's not like there aren't people our age around, but they don't understand us or visa versa. There are plenty of people my age at the gym, I have even gone out with a few of them, but to have a long lasting really solid friendship with most of them or to date one of them would be pretty tough, we are at totally different places. Half the time I don't know if one of them will talk to me again after finding out I work at a church. Suprisingly most of them do. You guys will find more friends, it just may not be immediately. That's tough, but don't give up.

I hope you can make it to b and k's wedding but I totally understand if you can't. Visit's at that time of the year are crunch time! I would love love love to see you guys again, its been soooo long! But we will make it work. If I go to the youth gathering I am going to try to go early or stay late to visit grandma so I would totally come visit you as well!

Well deary, have a fabulous day! I miss talking to you. We will have to comment more often :)