Friday, August 18, 2006

Yoda and Fozzie kin?

So I was driving to work a couple of days ago listening to the radio. Somehow the DJ and the traffic report girl got on the topic of Yoda. Then, of course, the DJ did his best Yoda impression (not bad either). As the conversation progressed, she said that he was starting to sound more like Fozzie than Yoda. (You know, Fozzie from the Muppets.)Then the traffic report girl pondered aloud, "I wonder if they're related." Immediately, I thought of the perfect person to ask - Julianna. Not only is half of her nickname Yoda, but she is the queen of pop culture as well. On top of that, she faithfully watches A Muppet's Christmas Carol every December. So, Julianna, are Fozzie and Yoda mysteriously related? Is there a bizarre pop culture path that joins the two? I must know!!! (Anyone else who thinks they know are welcome to comment as well; even if you don't have all the credentials as the infamous Spoda.) :)

3 comments:

Dutch not German is said...

You will by happy to know that I do actually know the answer to this puzzling question...

Both Yoda and Fozzie are voiced by the same person, the lovely and extremely talented Frank Oz.

Who's the Spoda? I'm the Spoda.

lubke-moss said...

Why am I both extremely shocked and not shocked in the least?

I knew you'd pull through for me!

hannah said...

At first glance to your title, I thought perhaps you were speaking some kind of ghetto that you were going to interpret in your blog:)I though "fozzie" was a derivative of something like "fo shizzle"