Thursday, August 03, 2006

Boring

I've recently come to the realization that I am very boring. That's why I don't have many posts on my blog. Nothing exciting really happens to me. It's not like I have people coming up to me telling me that I resemble a famous star of the 80's/early 90's, or have an odd happening at the grocery store, or other amusing instances. It doesn't make matters any better when I don't have anything to do at work. I'm ready for a project.

We did get new neighbors to our left recently. We haven't met them yet, but I heard a dog barking when I was in the back yard this week, and, like any good neighbor would do, I peeked my head over the fence. As fate would have it, they have a basset hound. If you aren't familiar with my love for basset hounds, let me tell you. I really really want to get a basset when we decide to get a dog, but Nick thinks they are ugly. Can I get some backup that these lovable canines are just about the sweetest and cutest things ever? Yeah, I know. Nick has his heart set on a lab. Yes a 90lb dog....super. Don't get me wrong, I think they are beautiful dogs, but they are just so darn huge! Ah, the battle/saga continues along with the naming of our not yet conceived unborn son.

In other breaking news, we are kid/house sitting for a church family starting tomorrow night for a week. Hello to a gourmet kitchen with t.v. so that I may watch Emeril while I make dinner. Hello to a memory foam mattress that is like sleeping on a little slice of heaven. Hello to a big swimming pool. Hello to surround sound and cable t.v. Yes, it will be rough. Especially if you add on the fact that all 3 kids are extremely well behaved and well mannered. However, it should be interesting. It is the first week of school, and two of the three are starting a new school.

I'm sure I will have lots of updates throughout the week. The little one is down right hilarious! He keeps me laughing.

For Julianna: I have begun an afghan pattern out of the Disney Pattern book and it's looking pretty fabulous. I'll keep you updated and let you see the finished product.

So, that's all for now. More to come next week.....

No comments: